Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Fast Food Self Pity Shakeology Experiment

Hey folks.

I mentioned Monday that I had done a little food experiment.  The "experiment" was partly hedonistic and partly business, with a sprinkle of self-pity thrown in.

What I did was this: I was feeling very down about the lack of improvement in my heel (still can't walk right) and about the gi-normous gut that has returned due to my lack of proper activity. So some of this thing was a self-pity, comfort food, "just give it up" kind of thing. But then I decided to jump in and do a "best you can do" round of P90X, and that got me to feeling better. Then I had another in a series of "discussions" about how "expensive" Shakeology is, with a person that I know eats out almost every day.

So what I did was each day last week, I made a return visit to one of my several old "haunts" (i.e., fast food places) where I was a regular customer before I first started P90X, back a couple of years ago. I didn't go overboard or too disgusting, but I did order some of my old comfort foods.

The result was 1) I felt like DooDooKaKa pretty much every day, I've been bloated like a balloon, and I gained an extra couple of pounds to add to the 15 I already gained while on the crutches. Thankfully, although still unacceptable, it is still 20 lbs shy of what I weighed when I first came to Beachbody; and 2) the average price of the "meals" that made me feel temporarily comforted, but overall miserable, was nearly $6., and none of them were "meal deals", cuz I left out stuff like fries, etc. Basically it was Chik-Fil-A sandwich and large drink, two Wendy's chilis and large drink, Arby's chicken poppers and large drink, three taco bell tacos and large drink, and a Subway club with large drink. That was my five days, and only one "meal" a day.

The cost of Shakeology at full price is only $4 a meal, so right off the bat I'm saving at least $2. a day. And I KNOW I feel better with the Shakes. I am anxious to see what my weight looks like on Saturday. I purposely did this experiment during my first week of X, so that the only change would be dietary (that is, this week's weight loss would have nothing to do with exercise, which is the same this week and last week - so it has to be the nutrition).

So anyway, that was the first part of the experiment. Do I regret it? Heck yes!! LOL, not really - it was a good way to polish off the last remnants of the pity party and get back to work. I'm looking forward to the second half of the experiment: my Shakeology results this week, and then my gradual X results too!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Later friends. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment